The Northeast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Northeast
Relaxing on some of Brazil's most beautiful beaches, with warm water all year and sand dunes high enough to ski down.
Wandering along the winding streets of Olinda as you gaze up at the beautiful colonial-era architecture.
Joining in the out-of-season Carnival celebrations in Natal and Fortaleza, two of the largest in Brazil.
The energetic Carnival in Olinda is considered to be among the best in Brazil, rivaling those in Rio and Salvador.
Try the amazing carne de sol, or sun-dried beef, as well as the other amazing Northeastern dishes using lobster, shrimp, and crabs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore