Sights & Attractions in The Amazon
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Amazon
Basílica de Nossa Senhora de Nazaré
It's hard to miss this opulent Roman-style basilica—not only does...
|Museums / Galleries, Religious Sites||Belém|
Forte do Presépio
Founded January 12, 1616, this fort is considered Belém's birthplace...
Mamirauá Sustainable Development Reserve
The largest wildlife reserve in Brazil, Mamirauá is about 1,050...
|Nature Preserves||Excursions from Manaus|
Meeting of the Waters
Outside of Manaus, the slow-moving, muddy Amazon and the darker...
Built during the rubber boom of the late 1800s, the grandiose...
|Arts / Performance Venues||Manaus|
Its name literally meaning "see the weight" (a throwback to the...
|Markets / Bazaars||Belém|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's