- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Domestic carriers TAM, GOL and Azul-Trip have flights to Santarém, and Santarém is easily accessible by air via Belém or Manaus. Aeroporto Maestro Wilson Fonseca is 14 km (23 miles) west of town, and buses and taxis from the airport are plentiful; a taxi ride costs around R$43.
MACAMAZON makes the two-day trip from Macapá to Santarém and onward to Manaus, R$70 for a hammock, and R$400 for a two-person cabin. The Belém to Santarém boat costs R$160 for a hammock, R$500 for a two-person cabin, and the ride takes three days. Sleeping arrangements are the same as on the Belém–Macapá route. Taxis are always at the docks in Santarém. The cost to any of the nearby hotels in town is less than R$10.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe