- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Commonly known as Salinas, this old salt port on the Atlantic coast is loaded with beaches. It lies south of the mouth of the Amazon River, three to four hours from Belém on good roads, making it accessible to weekend beachgoers.
Salinópolis at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Amazon
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe