- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Commonly known as Salinas, this old salt port on the Atlantic coast is loaded with beaches. It lies south of the mouth of the Amazon River, three to four hours from Belém on good roads, making it accessible to weekend beachgoers.
Salinópolis at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Amazon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's