- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Brazil 2014
Tariri Amazon Lodge
At a Glance
- personal attention from the owners
- delicious food
- no air-conditioning, hot water, Internet, or television
Check Rates from our Partners
Tariri Amazon Lodge Review
On the shores of Lake Acajatuba, this family-owned resort consists of charming wooden rooms built on stilts above the jungle floor. Owners Germano Alvarado and Fabiola Carrazzone do everything from greeting the guests with fruit juice to taking them on the various tours. Germano, who hails from Peru, personally takes guests on boat trips to see baby alligators and riverside communities, while Fabiola is in charge of the tasty meals served thrice daily. All rooms have screened windows, an electric fan, and their own bathrooms. Packages include a boat trip to see caimans at night, a visit to local riverside communities, and guided jungle hikes. Avoid booking trips during the dry season from July through November when the waterways dry up.
- Address: Around 180 km (112 miles) northwest of Manaus, Lago de Acajatuba, Municipio de Iranduba Manaus, 69450-000
- Phone: 092/9137–1925
- Website: www.taririamazonlodge.com.br
- Location: Excursions from Manaus
- 6 cabins for couples, 4 cabins for families.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed Oct. 15–Nov. 15 due to dry season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I'm looking for a place to stay in Recife during the world cup, the problem is that every is booked. I know there are few cities near by.. can you recommend me a city that is well comunicated Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more