- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Museu do Índio
Museu do Índio Review
The Indian Museum is maintained by Salesian Sisters, an order of nuns with eight missions in the upper Amazon. It displays handicrafts, weapons, ceramics, ritual masks, and clothing from the region's tribes. The gift shop sells traditional crafts such as necklaces made from seeds and feathers and baskets.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As I posted on my planning thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/need-help-urgently-with-planning-eight-week-trip.cfm ) I'm a mid sixties, solo, female traveler, headed to South America Read more
My movie, “Tango and Samba Falls”, presents highlights of Argentina and Brazil, starring Buenos Aires, Rio De Janeiro, and Iguazu Falls. Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more