- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Domestic carriers TAM, GOL and Azul-Trip have flights to Macapá. Aeroporto de Macapá is 4 km (2 miles) northwest of town. Take a taxi for the short, inexpensive ride.
Although Macapá is close to Ilha do Marajó's western side, most boats traveling to Macapá, including MACAMAZON and Bom Jesus, originate in Belém. Trips are 24 hours and you can get hammock space for around R$130, and a two-person cabin for R$400. Boats dock in the nearby port town of Santana, where taxis await. The fare to Macapá is R$67.50. Buses in Macapá cost R$2.30 and taxi rides around major tourist points cost around R$50 maximum.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's