- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At 4,265 feet above sea level in the Serra da Mantiqueira, Serra Negra's musical and cultural events that take place every month attract hordes of paulistanos and cruising motorbike fans looking for a bucolic weekend break in the mountains. In addition to various mineral water fountains, there is the Wine and Cheese Route, featuring dozens of artisan cheese and wine local producers and the Coffee Route, where you can drive though thousands of acres of coffee fields until you reach Cachoeira dos Sonhos (Dreams Waterfall), where it's possible to swim and have a snack. You can also head over to Alto da Serra, the town's highest point, where paragliding aficionados gather on the weekends. The town center is small enough to be explored by foot.
Serra Negra at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from São Paulo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's