- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A fun way for time-pressed travelers to see as much of Rio's coastline as possible is to cruise it with Cruz the Coast Brazil. This hassle-free hop-on, hop-off service makes a four-day loop from Rio to Paraty and Ilha Grande, or from Rio to Cabo Frio and Búzios, with all travel and accommodations prearranged and excursions such as boating trips and surfing lessons included. Cruz the Coast also arranges adventure tours, as do the friendly, professional guides of Rio Xtreme. This outfit's tours range from the relatively mild (hiking Ilha Grande, for instance) to the adventurous and wild (rappelling in dense rain forests).
Cruz the Coast Brazil (021/3251–5833. www.cruzthecoastbrazil.com.)
Rio Xtreme (021/8105–7335. www.rioxtreme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's