Side Trips from Rio Hotels
Side Trips from Rio Hotel Reviews
There are hotels for all budgets and all tastes, from pousadas lining the beaches along the Blue and Green coasts that offer simple rooms—with barely more than a bed and a ceiling fan—to boutique hotels with luxurious amenities and on-site spas. Paraty and Petrópolis have gorgeous 18th-century inns, some of which can be a bit drafty.
Staffers at the region's smaller hotels speak very little English, so bring along a phrase book. It also helps to arrange as much as your trip as possible while you're still in Rio de Janeiro.
Browse Side Trips from Rio Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's