- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To & From
From Rio de Janeiro, drive across the Rio-Niterói bridge and bear left, following the BR 101. At Rio Bonito take the exit to the Region dos Lagos and follow the signs to Cabo Frio. The trip takes approximately two hours.
Cabo Frio-bound Auto Viação 1001 buses leave the Rodoviária every half hour. The trip takes 2 hours and 40 minutes and costs R$21.60. Probably the easiest way to get to Cabo Frio is to arrange for a shuttle to pick you up from your hotel. Rio's Tourismo Clássico shuttles cost R$70.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore