- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis in São Paulo are white. Owner-driven taxis are generally well maintained and reliable, as are radio taxis. Fares start at R$4.10 and run R$2.50 for each kilometer (½ mile) or R$0.55 for every minute sitting in traffic. After 8 pm and on weekends, fares rise by 30%. You'll pay a tax if the cab leaves the city, as is the case with trips to Cumbica Airport. Good radio-taxi companies, among them Coopertaxi, Ligue-Taxi, and Radio Taxi Vermelho e Branco, usually accept credit cards, but you must call ahead and request the service.
Coopertaxi (011/2095–6000 or 011/3511–1919. www.coopertax.com.br.)
Ligue-Taxi (011/2101–3030 or 011/3873–3030. www.ligue-taxi.com.br.)
Radio Taxi Vermelho e Branco (011/3146–4000. www.radiotaxivermelhoebranco.com.br.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's