- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stay alert and guard your belongings at all times. Avoid wearing expensive sneakers or watches and flashy jewelry, and be careful with cameras, smart phones, and tablets—all of which attract attention. Muggers love to target the airports, tourist-frequented neighborhoods, and ATMs, so be vigilant while in these spaces.
If driving, stay alert during traffic jams and at stop signs, especially at night, and don't deviate from the main streets and beltways. Watch out for motorcycle drivers—many are express couriers, but some are robbers. You should always be wary when there are two people on one bike. It's best to keep your windows up and doors locked.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe