Owner Roberto Loscalzo transformed a 1903 mansion into a remarkable dining space; expansive yet intimate, grandiose yet welcoming. At one end of the room chefs pull Napoli-style pizzas from the three mouths of a two-story brick oven that looms over diners like a cathedral organ. Different place-names lead to different taste combinations: Napoli in Beruit blends goat cheese and za'atar, a spice mixture that includes herbs and sesame seeds, while Napoli in Brasili contains sun-dried meat and Catupiry, the creamy Brazilian cheese invented in Minas Gerais a century ago. If you don't feel like globe-trotting, go for the Do Nonno, topped with juicy grilled tomatoes. A sister branch of Veridiana operates in the Jardins neighborhood. The Higienópolis location is not well marked. The restaurant is directly across from the Iate Clube (Yacht Club) de Santos.
- Address: Rua Dona Veridiana 661, Higienópolis, São Paulo, 01238–010 | Map It
- Phone: 011/3120–5050
- Website: www.veridiana.com.br
- Subway: Santa Cecilia
- Location: Higienópolis
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch.
- Rua José Maria Lisboa 493, Jardim Paulista, São Paulo, 01423–000, 011/3559–9151,
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I started by flying to the Brazilian airport at Iguazu Falls via Chicago via Sao Paulo. I met my husband in the airport at Sao Paulo.... Read more
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. We had used them once before for a trip to Peru and enjoyed that trip very much. Gate On... Read more