When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Peak seasons for Brazilians to travel are from December to March (South American summer) and the month of July, when schools have winter breaks. Most international visitors come in the months of August and September. Make reservations far in advance for stays during these months, especially if you plan to visit during Carnival (February or March). As the weather is sunny and warm year-round, consider a trip in the off-season, when prices are lower and the beaches less crowded. Mean temperatures are about 25°C (77°F) in winter (July and August), when there's usually more rainfall, including the occasional tropical downpour. Summer temperatures are a few degrees higher (28°C/82°F), but humidity is somewhat lower.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's