- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Brazil 2014
Restaurante da Sylvinha
Restaurante da Sylvinha Review
This colorful cottage with some of the most innovative food in Bahia, set right on Praia do Espelho beach, draws Trancoso's jet set, who get here via a bumpy 40-minute drive on dirt roads. Sylvinha serves a generous set menu that blends Brazilian and Asian flavors (think ginger-infused fish and tropical fruit chutneys) to diners who gather around a few big tables on the terrace of her house. Daybeds are set under the coconut palms for post-lunch snoozing. Reservations are essential at this lunch-only spot.
- Address: Praia do Espelho, s/n, Trancoso, 45818–000
- Phone: 075/9985–4157
- Location: Trancoso
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
Hi I did post but did not get anyone.. Please???? Should we spend two days in INHOTIM and one night in Brumadinho. or try to do INHOTIM in one day and go back to Belo Horizonte? thank you!! Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more