- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Morro de São Paulo
Eternally popular among travelers seeking fun in the sun, Morro de São Paulo is the largest village on the Ilha de Tinharé, where thick Atlantic Forest protected by a state park helps it remain miraculously car-free. Step off the direct catamarã from Salvador to find wheelbarrows and donkeys waiting to help heavy packers reach the beaches, identified by number. Tourism's footprint can certainly be felt, with beaches lined with accommodation options and restaurants. While Praia Primeria is the most family-friendly, Praia Segunda is party-central, with fresh-fruit caipi carts parked directly on the sand and live music every night during high season. Praia Terceira and Praia Quarta provide more peaceful options.
Elsewhere in Salvador and the Bahia Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's