- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With few direct transport links, Boipeba's pristine white sand, turquoise waters, and virgin forests have remained something of a Robinson Crusoe's dream. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on one side, and Rio do Infeno (Hell's River) on the other, access to the island from Salvador can be time-consuming and requires a little more effort and planning than most places, but upon arrival, it is well worth it. As yet, no big hotels have found their foothold on the island, and the pousadas here range from the simple to increasingly rustic-chic. Many serve lunch and dinner as well as breakfast. Wi-Fi access is often patchy, so workaholics should come expecting to switch off.
Elsewhere in Salvador and the Bahia Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's