- Soak Up the Sun Warm waters year-round and a continuous lineup of beautiful beaches from south to north make Bahia one of the premier destinations in Brazil for soaking up the sun.
- Unique Cuisine Bahia's African influence on Portuguese and native Brazilian food has resulted in a distinct regional cuisine.
- Carnival Salvador is one of the top spots in Brazil to celebrate Carnival—its trios eléctricos, street parades, and array of big-name entertainers combine for one long, nonstop party you won't forget.
- Afro-Brazilian Culture Salvador is the capital of Afro-Brazilian culture and its historic center, Pelourinho, is a World Heritage site with stunning monuments.
- Bahian Music The top names in Brazilian music, Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso, Gal Costa, Maria Bethânia, who were some of the musicians nicknamed Novo Baianos (New Bahians), are de facto ambassadors of Bahian music.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More