- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arriving and Departing
Few visitors to Rio travel by rail. The urban network serves the North Zone of the city, which is less visited by tourists, and trains tend to be hot, overcrowded and uncomfortable. Long distance trips are generally made by bus or plane. Should you have reason to take a local train, these leave from the central station, Estação Dom Pedro II Central do Brasil.
Estação Dom Pedro II Central do Brasil (Praça Cristiano Otoni, Av. Presidente Vargas s/n, Centro, Rio de Janeiro, 20221–250. 0800/726–9494. www.supervia.com.br.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's