Sights & Attractions in Rio de Janeiro
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Rio de Janeiro
Rio's iconic Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue stands...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Mountains||The Lush Inland|
The 340-acre Botanical Garden contains more than 5,000 species...
|Gardens / Arboretums||The Lush Inland|
Palácio do Catete
Once the villa of a German baron, the elegant, 19th-century granite-and-marble...
|Museums / Galleries||Catete and Glória|
Pão de Açúcar
The indigenous Tupi people originally called the soaring 396-meter...
Praia de Copacabana
Maddening traffic, noise, packed apartment blocks, and a world-famous...
Praia de Ipanema
As you stroll this world-famous beach you'll encounter a cross...
Sítio Roberto Burle Marx
It's a cab ride out of town, but nature lovers and architecture...
|Museums / Galleries||São Conrado and Barra da Tijuca|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe