- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
West of Recreio
West of Recreio Review
If you continue walking west from Recreio, you'll notice that this part of Rio is largely untouched; in fact, you'll see just three things: the mountains on your right, the road ahead, and the beach to your left. Numerous trails maintained by city workers lead to the hidden beaches west of Recreio. You'll see Rio's nude beach, Praia do Abricó, among the many short stretches of sand. Many of these beaches can be reached only on foot or by car, and are practically deserted during the week. Grumari is a favorite with surfers, but there is always lots of room on the sands during the workweek.
- Address: Rio de Janeiro
- Location: Beyond the Zona Sul
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
So I'm thinking about booking an open jaw ticket, landing in Lima and overland going through Bolivia through Brazil to Iquara falls and then fly out from Buenos Aires.
It's my first time in Sth America Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more