- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Praia do Diabo
Praia do Diabo Review
A barely noticeable stretch of sand tucked away between Arpoador and a natural rock wall that extends to Copacabana's fort, Praia do Diabo is popular with local surfistas (surfers) but the dangerous waves, which can smash an unskilled surfer into the nearby rocks, leave no mystery as to why this beach is called the Devil's Beach in Portuguese. Take advantage of the exercise bars, but stay out of the water unless you are a very experienced surfer. Toilets and showers can be found at nearby Arpoador and Copacabana. Amenities: none. Best for: surfing.
- Address: Between Arpoador rock and Copacabana Fort, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22080–040
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Zona Sul
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more