- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Sofitel Rio Palace
At a Glance
- handy to Ipanema and Arpoador beaches and nightlife
- fantastic views
- very large
- somewhat impersonal
- small bathrooms in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Sofitel Rio Palace Review
Anchoring one end of Copacabana Beach, and close to Ipanema, this huge hotel has an "H" shape that provides breathtaking views of the sea, the mountains, or both, from all the rooms' balconies. The decor is understated, predominantly creams, whites, and light browns, but the wood-panel elevators and corridors exude a classic sophistication, and in rooms on the executive floors the antique mirrors, clocks, and chests of drawers complement otherwise modern furnishings. Beds in all rooms are wonderfully comfortable. Vacationers enjoy the beachfront location and the picture-perfect views that take in the entire length of Copacabana's beach, while business executives appreciate the top-notch business facilities. The restaurant Le Pré-Catalan is run by the acclaimed chef Roland Villard and is as good as its Parisian original.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 4240, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–002 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2525–1232
- Website: www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-1988-sofitel-rio-de-janeiro-copacabana/index.shtml
- Metrô: Canto Galo.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 388 rooms, 53 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more