- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sofitel Rio Palace
At a Glance
- handy to Ipanema and Arpoador beaches and nightlife
- fantastic views
- very large
- somewhat impersonal
- small bathrooms in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Sofitel Rio Palace Review
Anchoring one end of Copacabana Beach, and close to Ipanema, this huge hotel has an "H" shape that provides breathtaking views of the sea, the mountains, or both, from all the rooms' balconies. The decor is understated, predominantly creams, whites, and light browns, but the wood-panel elevators and corridors exude a classic sophistication, and in rooms on the executive floors the antique mirrors, clocks, and chests of drawers complement otherwise modern furnishings. Beds in all rooms are wonderfully comfortable. Vacationers enjoy the beachfront location and the picture-perfect views that take in the entire length of Copacabana's beach, while business executives appreciate the top-notch business facilities. The restaurant Le Pré-Catalan is run by the acclaimed chef Roland Villard and is as good as its Parisian original.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 4240, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–002 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2525–1232
- Website: www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-1988-sofitel-rio-de-janeiro-copacabana/index.shtml
- Metrô: Canto Galo.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 388 rooms, 53 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more