- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rio Othon Palace
At a Glance
- good beach views from front-facing rooms and pool
- handy to the beach
- some rooms dated
- some fixtures and fittings past their prime
Check Rates from our Partners
Rio Othon Palace Review
The flagship of the Brazilian Othon chain, this 30-story hotel is not new, and its ambience is functional rather than luxurious. As the tallest building on the strip, though, it does offer a prime view over Copacabana Beach from the rooftop pool, bar, and sundeck. The executive floor has secretarial support, fax machines, and computer hookups. Executive rooms are modern and smart with a gray-and-white decor, but standard rooms are dated and the colors are dark and a little drab. All suites, junior and executive, have balconies facing Copacabana and are spacious and well appointed by Rio standards.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 3264, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2522–1522
- Website: www.othon.com.br/en/hoteis/rio-othon-palace#o-hotel
- Metrô: Cantagalo.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 556 rooms, 30 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
So I'm thinking about booking an open jaw ticket, landing in Lima and overland going through Bolivia through Brazil to Iquara falls and then fly out from Buenos Aires.
It's my first time in Sth America Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more