- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Rio Othon Palace
At a Glance
- good beach views from front-facing rooms and pool
- handy to the beach
- some rooms dated
- some fixtures and fittings past their prime
Check Rates from our Partners
Rio Othon Palace Review
The flagship of the Brazilian Othon chain, this 30-story hotel is not new, and its ambience is functional rather than luxurious. As the tallest building on the strip, though, it does offer a prime view over Copacabana Beach from the rooftop pool, bar, and sundeck. The executive floor has secretarial support, fax machines, and computer hookups. Executive rooms are modern and smart with a gray-and-white decor, but standard rooms are dated and the colors are dark and a little drab. All suites, junior and executive, have balconies facing Copacabana and are spacious and well appointed by Rio standards.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 3264, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2522–1522
- Website: www.othon.com.br/en/hoteis/rio-othon-palace#o-hotel
- Metrô: Cantagalo.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 556 rooms, 30 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more