- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Rio Othon Palace
At a Glance
- good beach views from front-facing rooms and pool
- handy to the beach
- some rooms dated
- some fixtures and fittings past their prime
Check Rates from our Partners
Rio Othon Palace Review
The flagship of the Brazilian Othon chain, this 30-story hotel is not new, and its ambience is functional rather than luxurious. As the tallest building on the strip, though, it does offer a prime view over Copacabana Beach from the rooftop pool, bar, and sundeck. The executive floor has secretarial support, fax machines, and computer hookups. Executive rooms are modern and smart with a gray-and-white decor, but standard rooms are dated and the colors are dark and a little drab. All suites, junior and executive, have balconies facing Copacabana and are spacious and well appointed by Rio standards.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 3264, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2522–1522
- Website: www.othon.com.br/en/hoteis/rio-othon-palace#o-hotel
- Metrô: Cantagalo.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 556 rooms, 30 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I'm looking for a place to stay in Recife during the world cup, the problem is that every is booked. I know there are few cities near by.. can you recommend me a city that is well comunicated Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more