- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
This restaurant is housed in the plush environs of Copacabana Palace, overlooking the hotel's enormous pool. Start with a Cipriani—champagne with fresh peach juice (really a Bellini)—and then take your pick from an extensive Northern Italian menu that includes appetizers such as shiitake carpaccio with goat-cheese gratin and excellent mains such as potato-encrusted snapper fillet with broad-bean cream. The dishes with freshly made pasta are prepared with great care, and meat and fish entrées, such as wild boar, are appropriate to their lavish surroundings. Service, as one would expect, is excellent. The degustation menu costs R$208, or R$352 with wine.
- Address: Copacabana Palace Hotel, Av. Atlântica 1702, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22021–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2545–8747
- Website: www.copacabanapalace.com.br
- Metrô: Cardeal Arcoverde.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I recently posted that my husband and I are hoping to travel to Argentina, including Iguazu Falls, in May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more