- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This restaurant is housed in the plush environs of Copacabana Palace, overlooking the hotel's enormous pool. Start with a Cipriani—champagne with fresh peach juice (really a Bellini)—and then take your pick from an extensive Northern Italian menu that includes appetizers such as shiitake carpaccio with goat-cheese gratin and excellent mains such as potato-encrusted snapper fillet with broad-bean cream. The dishes with freshly made pasta are prepared with great care, and meat and fish entrées, such as wild boar, are appropriate to their lavish surroundings. Service, as one would expect, is excellent. The degustation menu costs R$208, or R$352 with wine.
- Address: Copacabana Palace Hotel, Av. Atlântica 1702, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22021–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2545–8747
- Website: www.copacabanapalace.com.br
- Metrô: Cardeal Arcoverde.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more