- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- top-notch service
- rooftop pool
- elaborate buffets
- slightly impersonal chain feel
- busy street can be dangerous at night
Check Rates from our Partners
This hotel, part of the Windsor chain, may have been built in the 1950s, but its look is sleek and contemporary—from the sparkling marble lobby to the guest-room closets paneled in gleaming Brazilian redwood. Ask for a room with a view over Copacabana Beach. The expansive breakfast buffet is served in the window-banked restaurant, which faces the avenue and beach. The equally elaborate lunch and dinner buffets cost roughly R$40. The rooftop bar and pool area provides an escape from the hustle and bustle.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 1800, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22021–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2195–5800; 0800/704–2827
- Website: www.windsorhoteis.com.br
- Metrô: Cardeal Arcoverde.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 233 rooms, 12 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more