- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
At a Glance
- top-notch service
- rooftop pool
- elaborate buffets
- slightly impersonal chain feel
- busy street can be dangerous at night
Check Rates from our Partners
This hotel, part of the Windsor chain, may have been built in the 1950s, but its look is sleek and contemporary—from the sparkling marble lobby to the guest-room closets paneled in gleaming Brazilian redwood. Ask for a room with a view over Copacabana Beach. The expansive breakfast buffet is served in the window-banked restaurant, which faces the avenue and beach. The equally elaborate lunch and dinner buffets cost roughly R$40. The rooftop bar and pool area provides an escape from the hustle and bustle.
- Address: Av. Atlântica 1800, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22021–001 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2195–5800; 0800/704–2827
- Website: www.windsorhoteis.com.br
- Metrô: Cardeal Arcoverde.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 233 rooms, 12 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
This illustrated report is about seeing the largest monkey in the Western Hemisphere, the Muriqui or Wooly Spider Monkey at the the Caratinga Research Station in the Feliciano Miguel Abdala Reserve, located Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more