- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Everest Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- rooftop views
- rooftop pool
- good business amenities
- fine location
- noisy air-conditioning
- other buildings hamper some views
Check Rates from our Partners
Everest Rio Hotel Review
With standard accommodations and in-room amenities but a great rooftop view—a postcard shot of Corcovado and the lagoon—this recently refurbished hotel is in the heart of Ipanema's shopping and dining district, a block from the beach. Back rooms have sea views, but as with most lodgings in Ipanema, guests pay a high premium for less than spectacular rooms. Business travelers, though, will feel well served, with amenities that include meeting rooms, Wi-Fi access, and a business center. The top floor's Restaurante Grill 360° specializes in grilled lean meats and seafood, and a lavish breakfast is served here daily. A bar in the ground floor lobby serves light meals and nibbles.
- Address: Rua Prudente de Morais 1117, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, 22420–041 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2525–2200; 0800/709–2220
- Website: www.everest.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Ipanema and Leblon
- 148 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
This illustrated report is about seeing the largest monkey in the Western Hemisphere, the Muriqui or Wooly Spider Monkey at the the Caratinga Research Station in the Feliciano Miguel Abdala Reserve, located Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more