- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Everest Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- rooftop views
- rooftop pool
- good business amenities
- fine location
- noisy air-conditioning
- other buildings hamper some views
Check Rates from our Partners
Everest Rio Hotel Review
With standard accommodations and in-room amenities but a great rooftop view—a postcard shot of Corcovado and the lagoon—this recently refurbished hotel is in the heart of Ipanema's shopping and dining district, a block from the beach. Back rooms have sea views, but as with most lodgings in Ipanema, guests pay a high premium for less than spectacular rooms. Business travelers, though, will feel well served, with amenities that include meeting rooms, Wi-Fi access, and a business center. The top floor's Restaurante Grill 360° specializes in grilled lean meats and seafood, and a lavish breakfast is served here daily. A bar in the ground floor lobby serves light meals and nibbles.
- Address: Rua Prudente de Morais 1117, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, 22420–041 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2525–2200; 0800/709–2220
- Website: www.everest.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Ipanema and Leblon
- 148 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
We are starting to plan a return trip to Brazil in 2015 to see the Amazon and Northern beaches. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more