- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Everest Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- rooftop views
- rooftop pool
- good business amenities
- fine location
- noisy air-conditioning
- other buildings hamper some views
Check Rates from our Partners
Everest Rio Hotel Review
With standard accommodations and in-room amenities but a great rooftop view—a postcard shot of Corcovado and the lagoon—this recently refurbished hotel is in the heart of Ipanema's shopping and dining district, a block from the beach. Back rooms have sea views, but as with most lodgings in Ipanema, guests pay a high premium for less than spectacular rooms. Business travelers, though, will feel well served, with amenities that include meeting rooms, Wi-Fi access, and a business center. The top floor's Restaurante Grill 360° specializes in grilled lean meats and seafood, and a lavish breakfast is served here daily. A bar in the ground floor lobby serves light meals and nibbles.
- Address: Rua Prudente de Morais 1117, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, 22420–041 | Map It
- Phone: 021/2525–2200; 0800/709–2220
- Website: www.everest.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Ipanema and Leblon
- 148 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more