- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Copacabana Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- good price
- comfortable rooms
- handy to Copacabana and Ipanema beaches
- fine breakfasts
- busy and noisy street
- minimum seven-day stay in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Copacabana Rio Hotel Review
Brightly decorated in blues, yellows, and reds, the rooms here are nicer than ones at more expensive places in Copa. The single, double, and triple rooms and suites represent a value for the location—one block back from the beach. A few rooms have views of Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Rock), and Copacabana Beach and Sugar Loaf are visible from the heated rooftop pool. You're practically in Ipanema here, which is handy for nightlife, but it's a 10-block walk to the nearest metro stations (the hotel is about midway between Cantogalo and Ipanema/General Osório). The on-site restaurant serves buffet-style and à la carte meals.
- Address: Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1256, Posto 6 Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–010 | Map It
- Phone: 021/3043–1111
- Website: www.copacabanariohotel.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 90 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
This illustrated report is about seeing the largest monkey in the Western Hemisphere, the Muriqui or Wooly Spider Monkey at the the Caratinga Research Station in the Feliciano Miguel Abdala Reserve, located Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more