- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Copacabana Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- Good price, comfortable rooms, handy for Copacabana and Ipanema beaches
- No metro, busy and noisy street
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Copacabana Rio Hotel Review
Brightly decorated in blues, yellows, and reds, the rooms here are nicer than those you find at many more expensive places. A few rooms have wonderful views of Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Rock). Single, double, and triple rooms and suites are all reasonably priced and are good value for the location—one block back from the beach. From the heated rooftop pool you can see Copacabana Beach and Sugar Loaf, and the on-site restaurant serves buffet-style and à la carte meals. You're practically in Ipanema here, which is handy for nightlife, but it's a 10 block walk to the nearest metro station at Canto Galo.
- Address: Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1256, Posto 6, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070-010 | Map It
- Phone: 21/3043-1111
- Website: www.copacabanariohotel.com.br
- Metrô: Siqueira Campos.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 90 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes
As I posted on my planning thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/need-help-urgently-with-planning-eight-week-trip.cfm ) I'm a mid sixties, solo, female traveler, headed to South America Read more
My movie, “Tango and Samba Falls”, presents highlights of Argentina and Brazil, starring Buenos Aires, Rio De Janeiro, and Iguazu Falls. Read more
I am just beginning to plan a trip to Brazil in late February (better late than never). Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more