- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo 2014
Copacabana Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- good price
- comfortable rooms
- handy to Copacabana and Ipanema beaches
- fine breakfasts
- busy and noisy street
- minimum seven-day stay in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Copacabana Rio Hotel Review
Brightly decorated in blues, yellows, and reds, the rooms here are nicer than ones at more expensive places in Copa. The single, double, and triple rooms and suites represent a value for the location—one block back from the beach. A few rooms have views of Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Rock), and Copacabana Beach and Sugar Loaf are visible from the heated rooftop pool. You're practically in Ipanema here, which is handy for nightlife, but it's a 10-block walk to the nearest metro stations (the hotel is about midway between Cantogalo and Ipanema/General Osório). The on-site restaurant serves buffet-style and à la carte meals.
- Address: Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1256, Posto 6 Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–010 | Map It
- Phone: 021/3043–1111
- Website: www.copacabanariohotel.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 90 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
Hi Everyone!! I got an issue and i'm looking for some advise:
I am arriving at Sao Paulo (GRU) at 10 am and I have 2 options:
1) Stay in the airport and take an outbound flight at 3:30pm
2) Sightseeing Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more