- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Copacabana Rio Hotel
At a Glance
- good price
- comfortable rooms
- handy to Copacabana and Ipanema beaches
- fine breakfasts
- busy and noisy street
- minimum seven-day stay in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Copacabana Rio Hotel Review
Brightly decorated in blues, yellows, and reds, the rooms here are nicer than ones at more expensive places in Copa. The single, double, and triple rooms and suites represent a value for the location—one block back from the beach. A few rooms have views of Pedra da Gávea (Gávea Rock), and Copacabana Beach and Sugar Loaf are visible from the heated rooftop pool. You're practically in Ipanema here, which is handy for nightlife, but it's a 10-block walk to the nearest metro stations (the hotel is about midway between Cantogalo and Ipanema/General Osório). The on-site restaurant serves buffet-style and à la carte meals.
- Address: Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 1256, Posto 6 Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 22070–010 | Map It
- Phone: 021/3043–1111
- Website: www.copacabanariohotel.com.br
- Metrô: Ipanema/General Osório.
- Location: Copacabana and Leme
- 90 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more