- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Siri Mole & Cia
Siri Mole & Cia Review
This restaurant takes its name from a soft-shell crab native to Brazil, and the signature dish here is moqueca—a Bahian stew that combines dendê oil and coconut milk with seafood. Beware, though. This dish from the northeastern state of Bahia is delicious, but it's very high in saturated fat and can have disastrous effects on the digestion to those not used to it. For your stew, you can choose from squid, lobster, fish, or, of course, siri mole crab. Another delicious dish is acaraje, for which bean-flour patties are deep fried, split in two, and filled with shrimp, an okra paste, chili, and tomato. Vegetarians can opt for a shrimp-free version. This is one of Rio's best places for seafood served Bahian style.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
So I'm thinking about booking an open jaw ticket, landing in Lima and overland going through Bolivia through Brazil to Iquara falls and then fly out from Buenos Aires.
It's my first time in Sth America Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more