Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Reviews
Rio's accommodations are among the most expensive in the world, with beachfront lodgings in particular charging a premium for their enviable locations. Expect hotel rates to be the most expensive during high season (from December through February), especially during Carnival and New Year's, and for special events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Rio Olympics. For stays during these times it would be wise to book ahead as far as possible. The low season (from March to November) sees prices fall across the city.
As for the types of lodgings available, there are some excellent luxury options on the beachfront—most notably the Copacabana Palace and Ipanema's Fasano Rio—as well as standard chain hotels. Ipanema and neighboring Leblon are more expensive than Copacabana, but they are also safer and more pleasant to walk around at night. Rio's expanding boutique-hotel scene centers largely around the Santa Teresa and Gávea neighborhoods, while Botafogo and Flamengo offer some decent mid-range options.
Browse Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's