Rio de Janeiro Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Rio de Janeiro
Rio's 70 km of beaches are stunning, so unpack your Speedo or thong bikini and join the masses.
Head to the streets or the Sambódromo for Carnival, Rio's biggest party.
Samba, bossa nova, funk, and pagode are just a few of the uniquely Brazilian styles of music to be enjoyed in Rio's myriad clubs and venues offering live music.
Brace yourself for exquisite dining in Rio's diverse repertoire of restaurants; meat lovers and vegetarians alike are welcome.
You'll quickly notice that Rio is nestled between beach and mountain; there are endless possibilities to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes