Golf in Rio de Janeiro
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gávea Golf Club. Nonmembers can play this upmarket golfing club's impeccably groomed course on weekdays. The greens fee is steep, but you can get a discount if you're staying at the Copacabana Palace, InterContinental, or Sheraton hotel. Estrada da Gávea 800, São Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, 22610–000. 021/3322–4141. www.gaveagolf.com.br. Course: 18 holes. 5990 yds. Par 69. Greens Fee: R$350/R$450. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, caddies, rental clubs, pro-shop, restaurant, bar.
Golden Green Golf Club. It may only have six holes, but given the exclusivity and prices of the alternatives, this could be your best option for getting in a little play in Rio. Nonmembers are welcome every day. Avenida Prefeito Dulcídio Cardoso 2901, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, 22631–050. 021/2434–0696. Course: 6 holes. 2637 yds. Par 18. Greens Fee: R$80/R$100. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, rental clubs, restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's