The cathedral, completed in 1760, contains paintings by Ataíde, but it's best known for its 1701 German organ, built by Arp Schnitger. Transported by mule from Rio de Janeiro in 1720, the instrument was a gift from the Portuguese court to the first diocese in Brazil. This is the only Schnitger organ outside Europe, and one of the best preserved in the world. Concerts take place on Fridays at 11 am and Sundays at 12:15 pm. To get a place near the organ, try to arrive at least 30 minutes early.
Praça Cláudio Manoel s/n, Mariana, 35420–000, Brazil