- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Brazil 2014
La Forelle Review
Caxambu's best restaurant is inside the Hotel Fazenda Vale Formoso. Along with typical Minas Gerais fare, it also serves Danish cuisine. The filet mignon, the salmon, and the shrimp are among the many fine entrées; the specialty of the house is baked trout with potatoes. The fondues here are delicious, and so are the freshly made breads.
- Address: Estrada do Vale Formoso, Km 8. Access via BR-267 to Cambuquira (8 km/5 miles on unpaved roads), Caxambu, 37440–000
- Phone: 035/3343–1900; 035/9140–0590
- Location: Caxambu
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Open weekends only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I'm looking for a place to stay in Recife during the world cup, the problem is that every is booked. I know there are few cities near by.. can you recommend me a city that is well comunicated Read more
· News & Features
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southe ... Read more