- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Forelle Review
Caxambu's best restaurant is inside the Hotel Fazenda Vale Formoso. Along with typical Minas Gerais fare, it also serves Danish cuisine. The filet mignon, the salmon, and the shrimp are among the many fine entrées; the specialty of the house is baked trout with potatoes. The fondues here are delicious, and so are the freshly made breads.
- Address: Estrada do Vale Formoso, Km 8. Access via BR-267 to Cambuquira (8 km/5 miles on unpaved roads), Caxambu, 37440–000
- Phone: 035/3343–1900; 035/9140–0590
- Location: Caxambu
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Open weekends only.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I am terribly late in posting this. Read more
My husband and I are thinking of an eight day (not including travel time) trip to Brazil this February. Read more
· News & Features
Known for the curative properties of their natural springs, a collection of mineral-spa towns in southe... Read more