Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Pretos
Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Pretos Review
The small, intriguing Church of Our Lady of the Rosary of the Blacks was inaugurated by slaves in 1785, some of whom bought their freedom with the gold they found in Ouro Preto. According to legend, the church's interior is bare because the slaves ran out of gold after erecting the baroque building. In the unusual oval interior the church houses sculptures of Santa Helena, Santo Antônio, and São Benedito.
- Address: Largo do Rosário s/n, Centro, Ouro Preto, 35400–000
- Phone: 031/3551–4736
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Tues.–Sat. noon–4:45
- Location: Ouro Preto