Minas Gerais Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Minas Gerais Restaurant Reviews
Probably the most popular cuisine in the country, Mineiran food is a mixture of Portuguese, Indian, and African flavors. Famous foods include lombo de porco (pork loin) often served with sausage on the side, and for dessert, goiabada (guava paste). Pão de queijo, chewy cheese bread in roll form, is the state's culinary hallmark—mineiro bakeries get the consistency just right. The cachaça (sugarcane rum) from the northern region of Salinas is considered the best in the country. Mineiros tend to eat dinner after 8. Many restaurants close on Monday. Reservations may be required, especially on weekends.
Browse Minas Gerais Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's