Getting Here and Around in Parque Nacional da Serra da Canastra
Getting Here and Around
From Belo Horizonte take the MG 050 southwest to Piumhi, then take the road to São Roque de Minas. The entrance to the park is 35 km (21 miles) west of São Roque de Minas (320 km from Belo Horizonte). By bus, take the Gardenia line from Belo to Piumhi—there are six buses daily (R$50; 5 hours)—then take the Transunião bus to São Roque de Minas (1½ hours). Canastra Aventura, an adventure-tour company, leads quad bike tours through the park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's