Minas Gerais Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Minas Gerais Hotel Reviews
In the interior of Minas Gerais, especially in the historic cities and state parks, there are two types of traditional accommodations for tourists: pousadas (inns), with simple rooms, and fazendas (Texan-ranch-style farms), which can be a fun option. Most hotels outside of Belo Horizonte are small, lack English-speaking staff, and have few of the amenities common in American and European chains. In Belo Horizonte you can find large hotels and chain hotels equivalent to those found in U.S. cities that cater to the regular and business traveler. When you book, you'll likely be given a choice between an apartamento standard (standard room) and an apartamento de luxo (luxury room), which may be slightly larger, with air-conditioning and a nicer bathroom. Significant weekend discounts are common in Belo Horizonte.
Browse Minas Gerais Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe