- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To get to neighborhoods away from downtown, such as Pampulha, taking a bus or a taxi is advisable. When taking taxis, aim for taxi stands or hotels, where taxis can often be found. Most taxis in Belo Horizonte are white (taxi comum); there are also special black taxis that can be hailed or called. Both are metered. The meter starts at about R$4; with about R$2.30 added for every kilometer traveled (slightly higher at night and on weekends).
BH Taxi (031/3418–2000. www.bhtaxi.com.br.)
Unitaxi (031/3418–2233 or.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's