- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Driving to BH from major cities is safe; the roads are in good condition, although exits aren't always clearly marked. BR 040 connects Belo Horizonte with Rio (6½ hours) to the southeast, and Brasília (10 hours) to the northwest. BR 381 links the city with São Paulo (7½ hours).
Belo Horizonte's rush-hour traffic can be heavy, and parking can be difficult. For on-street parking you must buy a card at a newsstand or bookshop. Taking the bus in Belo Horizonte is recommended over driving because of the traffic and the city's diagonal grid, which is hard to navigate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's