- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Driving to BH from major cities is safe; the roads are in good condition, although exits aren't always clearly marked. BR 040 connects Belo Horizonte with Rio (6½ hours) to the southeast, and Brasília (10 hours) to the northwest. BR 381 links the city with São Paulo (7½ hours).
Belo Horizonte's rush-hour traffic can be heavy, and parking can be difficult. For on-street parking you must buy a card at a newsstand or bookshop. Taking the bus in Belo Horizonte is recommended over driving because of the traffic and the city's diagonal grid, which is hard to navigate.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe