- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Magical Realism from Minas
João Guimarães Rosa's oeuvre is unlike anything else written in Brazil. It could be compared to Gabriel García Márquez in his use of magic and spiritualism to weave stories in rural settings. Rosa infused readers with the sounds and legends of Minas Gerais, creating a mystical and linguistic landscape not unlike Faulkner's South. During the Second World War, Rosa assumed a diplomatic post in Europe and was instrumental in helping many people fleeing the Holocaust with visas to Brazil.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's