This oldest church in Goiás was completed in 1732. The foundation was made of stone and mortar, the walls (more than 40 inches thick) used adobe and a clay stucco technique called taipa. A fire almost destroyed the church in 2002. After extensive renovation, the church reopened in 2006.
Praça da Matriz, Rua do Rosário, at Rua do Bonfim, Pirenópolis, 72980-000, Brazil