Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros
Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros Review
Famous for its plunging waterfalls, deep canyons, and towering mountains, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros is breathtaking. The dramatic terrain is one of oldest surface formations on the planet, and therefore has been exposed to climate changes and constant erosion for about 1.8 billion years. Only a small portion of the park, which covers about 23,000 square mi, is open to tourists. You can hire a guide at the park's entrance in Vila São Jorge, or in Alto Paraíso, for R$100 per day, shared among up to 10 people. There are two main trails within the national park, both spectacular.
The climate is comfortable year-round. The flora is more exuberant in the dry season (May and October), when several trees and shrubs are in full bloom and when footing is more secure when scrambling over rocks.
- Address: GO 327, Km 34, 40 km (25 miles) from Alto Paraíso de Goiás, Chapada dos Veadeiros, 73770-000
- Phone: 062/3455–1114; /
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8–5; no admission after noon
- Location: Alto Paraíso de Goiás
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I started by flying to the Brazilian airport at Iguazu Falls via Chicago via Sao Paulo. I met my husband in the airport at Sao Paulo.... Read more
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. We had used them once before for a trip to Peru and enjoyed that trip very much. Gate On... Read more