- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Brazil 2014
Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros
Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros Review
Famous for its plunging waterfalls, deep canyons, and towering mountains, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros is breathtaking. The dramatic terrain is one of oldest surface formations on the planet, and therefore has been exposed to climate changes and constant erosion for about 1.8 billion years. Only a small portion of the park, which covers about 23,000 square mi, is open to tourists. You can hire a guide at the park's entrance in Vila São Jorge, or in Alto Paraíso, for R$100 per day, shared among up to 10 people. There are two main trails within the national park, both spectacular.
The climate is comfortable year-round. The flora is more exuberant in the dry season (May and October), when several trees and shrubs are in full bloom and when footing is more secure when scrambling over rocks.
- Address: GO 327, Km 34, 40 km (25 miles) from Alto Paraíso de Goiás Chapada dos Veadeiros, 73770-000
- Phone: 062/3455–1114
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8–5; no admission after noon
- Location: Alto Paraíso de Goiás
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We took a 10 day trip with Gate One Travel. Read more
I leave today for a 9 day trip to South America with three great friends (Betsy, Carolina, and Sandy). Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more