- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The last reluctant ranchers are beginning to see tourism as a viable economic alternative in this region, which means you can visit a working ranch or farm for a day.
Fazenda San Francisco. Fazenda San Francisco is a 37,000-acre working ranch where you can go on a photo safari in the morning and a boat tour on Rio Miranda in the afternoon, when you'll have the chance to fish for piranha. The R$103 fee includes a lunch of rice and beans with beef and vegetables. BR 262, 36 km/22 mi west of Miranda, Miranda. 67/3242–1088. www.fazendasanfrancisco.tur.br.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's