- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tarija is where you go when you've had enough of Bolivia, not just because it's on the way out of the country to Argentina or Paraguay, but also because it's different. The people, the climate, the food, and the culture all have more in common with those of neighboring countries than they do with the surrounding Bolivian territory. It's also different because you may be the only tourist in the entire city. Add to this the excellent weather and the fact it is Bolivia's wine-producing region, and you have an ideal getaway destination.
Tarija at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe