- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San Marcos Review
Potosí's most unusual restaurant occupies a former silver processing plant. Each piece of ancient machinery has been put to use—the bar, for example, is a platform where stones were once washed. Both local and international dishes are served, including trucha al gusto (trout broiled with lemon, garlic, and pesto sauce) and filete flambé San Marcos (steak doused with cognac and set aflame). The llama steak is served in a light sauce of butter, lemon, and mint. There's live music every Friday night.
- Address: La Paz and Betanzos, Potosí
- Phone: 02/622–2781
- Location: Potosí
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more