- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- pizza restaurant
- good coffee
- rooms can be claustrophobic
- noise from the central courtyard
Hotel Toñito Review
This whitewashed colonial hotel is just two blocks from the colorful Plaza 10 de Noviembre. Many rooms overlook the hotel's two courtyards. Ask to see one of the more spacious modern rooms with solar heated showers. Don't miss the pizza in their restaurant. The hotel is part of the Toñito group, which can organize tours onto the Salar from the office just down the road from the hotel. They also have a serious commitment to supporting the local community. The power has been known to go out on occasion and there's no backup generator, so pack a flashlight for emergencies.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more