Southern Bolivia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sunday Market Foray
If you are in Sucre over a weekend, take a full-day excursion to the village of Tarabuco to experience its famous Sunday market. About 64 km (40 mi) east of Sucre, here you will see indigenous women wearing tri-cornered hats fringed with coins, and men with brightly colored ponchos and leather helmets resembling those worn centuries ago by the Spanish conquistadors. Like many towns in the region, Tarabuco is filled with vendors from end to end selling finely woven belts and charangos, a stringed instrument made from armadillo shells. In mid-March Tarabuco is the location of one of South America's liveliest traditional festivals, Pujilay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's