At a Glance
- the gardens and their views
- the walk up to the hotel will finish you off if you've been hiking
- the shared bathrooms can be grim
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Esmeralda Review
From the sunny patio at this unpretentious hotel up the hill from Coroico's central plaza you'll get astounding views of the valley below and, if you biked, the road you came down. The hotel is also surrounded by gardens and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy including a sauna, swimming pool, foosball, and billiards. Most rooms have balconies with private baths. If you don't have transportation, you can catch a taxi from town and the hotel will reimburse you the expense. The restaurant, with a charcoal pizza oven, is good, but get there early to beat the scramble for the barbecue dinner. From the hotel you can arrange hiking tours of nearby Parque Nacional Madidi.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Crystal Cruises ships début in nine European ports this summer.... Read more
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more